Unfortunately, car accidents are an everyday occurrence. However, no matter the severity of the accident, it is always important to contact an experienced lawyer who can advise you and help you obtain compensation for damages.
Here is a list of some of questions you may want to ask a lawyer before hiring them:
- What is your area of expertise? Lawyers specialize in different areas, so not everyone can handle all cases. It is essential to know if the lawyer has the specific knowledge and experience to handle a car accident case.
- Do you have experience in car accidents? All accidents are different, and a car accident is not the same as a commercial truck accident, or a slip and fall accident. Lawyers cannot handle any case just because they have a legal background.
- Do I have a solid case to file a lawsuit? The main objective when filing a lawsuit is to obtain compensation. It must be possible to show that the other driver acted in a negligent way. A lawyer will be able to advise you on whether it is possible to proceed according to the circumstances.
- How much do you charge? Many people decide not to file a lawsuit due to the mistaken belief that they will have to spend big sums of money. Truth is, most personal injury attorneys work under contingency fees. This means that the victim does not have to give advance payments until winning the case or reaching a favorable settlement.
- How long do I have to file my claim? Each state has a period of time in which a lawsuit can be filed after an accident has occurred. This is known as a statute of limitations, and it varies from state to state. Consult with your lawyer about how much time you have to file the lawsuit according to where the accident happened.
- Will you be the one working on my case? Most law firms have a team that handles the different cases. It is important to know if the attorney advising you will be working directly on your case or, if not, who will it be.
- How often will you communicate with me about my case? The communication that your lawyer establishes with you is crucial so that he can give you updates on your case, consult with you in case of having to make decisions, and, in general, for you to be informed about how things are going and avoid any misunderstandings or stress.
Getting Help After An Accident
If you are ever involved in an accident of this type and need legal help and representation, contact the Los Angeles car accident attorneys at Vaziri Law Group Personal Injury Attorneys. Free consultations are offered to injured accident victims. Simply fill out our contact form today to schedule your free consolation and get help with your case.
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment