The experienced Sacramento personal injury lawyers at the Vaziri Law Group are here to help those who have been injured by the negligence or wrongful acts of others. Our legal team will fight hard to help you secure maximum possible compensation for your injuries, damages, and losses. Traumatic incidents often occur suddenly and without warning. The repercussions are not just physical, but emotional and financial as well. The impact is felt not just by the injured victims, but also their families.
When another person or business is legally and morally responsible for injuries that occur, those affected have the right to pursue compensation for a wide variety of different types of losses that they've been forced to incur.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Claim?
You may be able to receive different types of compensation in a Sacramento personal injury case:
These may include medical expenses, lost income, cost of future medical treatments, any benefits you may have lost as a result of your injuries, loss of future earnings or earning capacity, and any type of out-of-pocket expenses. These are all essentially losses that you can quantify with relative ease.
These include those types of compensation that can be more challenging to quantify because they cannot be boiled down to numbers like those on receipts or invoices. Examples of non-economic damages include physical pain, disabilities, permanent injuries, mental suffering and loss of consortium.
In some injury cases where the negligence is particularly egregious, victims may also be awarded punitive damages, which are mainly meant to punish the responsible parties.
Why Choose the Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyers at the Vaziri Law Group?
If you have suffered minor injuries that did not require medical treatment, you may not require the services of a personal injury lawyer. You may be able to work out a settlement on your own with your insurance company. However, if you have suffered injuries in Sacramento that required hospitalization and missing days from work, you need the resources and knowledge of an experienced California personal injury lawyer in order to get the personal injury settlement you need and rightfully deserve.
Our personal injury lawyers can help you with the following:
- Secure and compile the evidence needed to prove fault and liability in your case. For example, if you have been injured in a car accident, we will work to obtain police and accident reports, medical records, statements from eyewitnesses, photo or surveillance videos of the incident etc. These are critical pieces of evidence that can significantly strengthen your claim and put you in a position to achieve the best possible result in your case.
- Work with experts to properly evaluate the value of your economic and non-economic damages.
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other parties to make sure you receive a fair settlement.
- Prepare for a jury trial if a fair settlement is not offered. While most personal injury cases settle out of court, some cases do proceed to a trial because a settlement could not be reached. Our legal team is equipped with skilled negotiators as well as fierce litigators who are prepared to effectively present your case before a jury, if necessary.
No Upfront Fees for Your Personal Injury Lawsuit
If you have been injured in Sacramento, you are probably worried about what it might cost you to retain a personal injury lawyer. At the Vaziri Law Group, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means we don't charge you any upfront fees or costs unless we recover compensation for you. We go the extra mile for our clients by even taking on the financial risk for every case. We offer free consultations and cash advances on your settlements. Our clients pay nothing unless we win.
We understand that the aftermath of a personal injury can be harrowing for you and your family. We do everything in our power to help you focus on your health and recovery. We take care of the expenses related to your case and important filing deadlines so your case proceeds quickly and smoothly.
How Much is My Injury Case Worth?
Personal injury cases in Sacramento could range anywhere from a few thousand dollars to several million dollars. Each personal injury case is unique. The value or worth of your settlement will depend on the details and facts that are unique to your case. Here are some of the factors that are most likely to affect the value of your personal injury settlement:
- The severity of your injuries.
- Whether you are able to work or will be able to return to work.
- If you suffered permanent injuries, disabilities, scarring or disfigurement.
- The physical pain and emotional suffering you've endured as a result of your injuries.
- Whether the at-fault party was negligent or intentionally caused you harm.
- The defendant's insurance policy limit.
Without question, the capabilities, experience and resources of the law firm you retain can also become a significant factor in how much compensation you receive in your case. This is why it is important that you choose your injury lawyer with care.
How Long Do I Have to File an Injury Claim in Sacramento?
Like every state, California has a deadline or a statute of limitations when it comes to filing a personal injury lawsuit. The California statute of limitations for personal injury cases is generally two years from the date of injury. This means you have a two-year window within which to file a lawsuit. Those who fail to file within this deadline may not be able to receive compensation for their losses.
There are, however, some exceptions. For example, injured victims under the age of 18 at the time of injury may have additional time to file. In some cases, you may not have two years to file. For example, if your claim is against a governmental entity, you will need to file a notice of claim within 180 days of the accident or injury. An experienced Sacramento personal injury lawyer will be able to guide you through what can be a complicated and intimidating process.
Contact a Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you love has sustained a personal injury caused by someone else's negligence or wrongdoing, please contact an experienced Sacramento personal injury attorney at the Vaziri Law Group as soon as possible. Our dedicated and experienced legal team has what it takes to go after insurance companies and negligent parties to make sure your rights are protected and you are fairly compensated. Call us at (310) 777-7540 for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.